Mar 28, 2009

Don't You Forget About Me

well, it certainly has been a while. so many days--weeks even have passed. experiences changed us. the world became clearer/more confusing. but what matters, what is held constant, and what connects us remains ever evolving! that is, we may not have been blogging because we were too lazy/overworked/sleepy/drunk/without internet access/abducted by aliens... but, oh, the music never stops...there is so much goodness out there!!!

I'm specially excited about the new grizzly bear album that is to come out in may. this is old news, but its been leaked, but its low quality, so do it like me, and just sit and wait. In the meanwhile, you can scratch the itch with one of the songs from Veckatimest, Two Weeks... its sooooooooooo good (btw, you can also check out a spanking new grizzly bear v. Jay Z mash-up here. it's whatever, and Mr. Droste called it "unsolicited" on his twitter)

you just have to listen to this song, the quality is not the greatest... but whatever.


grizzly bear - two weeks

Also! man, on our show we've had some seriously good playlists! And I think I might just have to share it all with you. Seriously, I'm proud of the work that Sasha and I have done. Alright so here it goes... first you will have this week's playlist (so, it turns out that it takes a really long time for me to post these, so I only did it for the past two weeks, but I highly encourage you to check out our previous stuff too! http://wmucradio.com/station/shows/919) :

--This week's:
---t h e h i g h l i g h t s:

>>Bangers & Mash: I rediscovered this song this week, and I was hypnotized. I think it only speaks to Radiohead's amazingness that this song is a b-side. I mean, wow. love it.

>>Fake Palindromes: Beautiful. I remember when I saw Andrew Bird live, and this was one of the songs that really stuck with me.

>>Where In This World: The Notwist have been a recent find, I haven't gotten enough of them. Such complex, stunning music. And I think this song pretty much gives you a glimpse of the the whole album; that it is artful, melodic, ambient, and with a certain mystery that you can't help but to surrender yourself to it.



~Last Week's!
pay special attention to:

<<Black Leather Jacket: Screen Vinyl Image is local to DC and I'm loving them. If you live on the east coast, they will be around a lot, and hopefully i'll get to see them live soon. Meanwhile, this song blows me away. I think its so cool.

<<Evangeline: new Handsome Furs, so good.

<<1901: new Phoenix, and I can't stop listening to it! I feel like their cd will mark this late spring/ early summer




Yes. I know. I have a thing for Radiohead. I'm sorry I can't help it. Heck--I won't apologize, they are musical gods.

I hope y'all enjoy these playlists! And happy spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment